The Endless Beat Machine: An arcade-style approach to music making
The Endless Beat Machine resembles a retro arcade games machine, but it’s equipped with some interesting technology that will keep you both entertained and creatively inspired.
The Beat Machine’s main console is centered around the 24-inch touchscreen and a unique 5-inch XY touchpad adjacent to its friendly-looking arcade-style controls with familiar orb-shaped joysticks and round buttons.
What’s inside the Endless Beat Machine?
When using the Beat Machine, you have a choice of three operating modes:
- Studio mode: provides a more DAW-like experience with VST3 plug-in support, Audio and MIDI I/O capabilities, and compatibility with the Endless companion apps for MacOS and iOS.
- Arcade mode: offers a collection of music-making games, more for entertainment value.
- Open Mic mode: gives you a live interactive music platform to jam and collaborate with other musicians on the Endless network.
Connectivity includes a pair of TRS main outs, an XLR combo input, and two USB-C ports for additional controllers.
Endless founder, Tim Exile, stated that “As creativity is set to be disrupted by AI, real-world experiences that bring us together and prove our humanity will become more and more important. The 21st century needs its answer to the piano in the living room or local bar, the instrument that brings everyone together whether you can play Chopin or Chopsticks or are just there to enjoy the masters at work. The Beat Machine is our next step on our mission to transform music from a product we consume alone to an activity we do together, bridging online with real life in real-time.”
Pricing and availability:
You can enquire about the Beat Machine’s availability here on the Endless web page.
For now, there are three limited edition Beat Machine models:
- A unique Special Edition will be up for auction soon
- Four Beat Machine Off Grid models are priced at $11,999 each
- A run of 20 Beat Machines for $9,999 each
More about the Endless Beat Machine:
- Endless official page
- Everything Endless
- Three operating modes.: Endless
It looks like fun, but how on earth can they justify that price?
It’s made for crowed places like a bar.