Introducing the elysia xpressor neo, a modern take on VCA compression available in 19-inch rackmount, desktop qube, and 500-series formats.
If you’re unfamiliar with elysia, the previous model of the xpressor is known for unique features such as auto-fast, logarithmic release, negative ratios, and gain reduction limiting.
The design of the elysia xpressor neo
The compression parameters are identical to the old xpressor, but the internal circuitry has undergone a complete overhaul to ensure that it is once again one of the most versatile stereo compressors available in its price range.
In addition to this, there are also minor utilitarian and aesthetic improvements along the front panel, with the knobs and buttons getting an update to make them easy to work with in any light conditions.
Let’s take a look at some of the xpressor neo’s key features:
- Auto fast – this button enables frequency-dependant transient processing, allowing you to catch peaks without affecting your low frequencies.
- Logarithmic release – switching from linear to logarithmic means the release times will slow down over time from the point of compression, creating a more dynamically complex and natural-sounding effect.
- Negative ratios – wind the knob past infinity and you start to reduce the output level the more the input level increases.
- Gain reduction limiting – with this knob you can set exactly how much compression will occur, very useful in live sound applications.
Pricing and availability:
You can now order the elysia xpressor|neo from Thomann.
Elysia xpressor neo
More about the elysia xpressor neo:
*This post contains affiliate links and/or widgets. When you buy a product via our affiliate partner, we receive a small commission that helps support what we do. Don’t worry, you pay the same price. Thanks for your support!
- 19-inch rackmount: elysia
- 500-series: elysia
- Desktop version: elysia