The noble art of audio mangling meets a new plug-in for creative signal destruction called Tactical Nuke. Developed by 3 Sigma Audio, Tactical Nuke is a wavetable device capable of both analog and digital-sounding distortion. There are 512 wavetables included, along with the ability to import your own.
However, wavetables are not all this plug-in is about. The following sounds and features are available:
- Preamp Distortion (the Input Gain knob) – analog-sounding distortion reminiscent of guitar amplifiers and pedals. Has a bypassable Tone control for tonal shaping.
- Sample Reduction – Lowers audio fidelity to create aliasing and other artifacts. Goes as low as 250Hz!
- Oversampling (2x to 8x) – to keep distortion aliasing-free if you don’t want it.
- Wavetable Distortion – uses wavetables as waveshapers to distort audio. Two wavetables can be chosen and blended between with the fader.
- Bit Manipulation – offers bit reduction and bit rounding, pre or post-waveshaping.
- Output Filter – two-pole resonant filter to tame unpleasant harshness.
All that and a badass user interface which scales automatically to your display resolution will have you creatively decimating audio just for fun.