tc electronic has announced the System 6000 Native Series. The bundle brings five algorithms from the legendary System 6000 hardware processor to your DAW, complete with new features and new user interfaces.
tc electronic System 6000 Native Series
The tc electronic System 6000 first appeared in 1999 in different versions for music production, mastering, broadcast and film. With a 5-digit price tag, the acclaimed hardware processor was out of reach for many small studios and producers. Not anymore: With the System 6000 Native Series, five algorithms from the System 6000 have now arrived in your DAW.
tc electronic says that the plug-ins were developed by many of the same engineers who worked on the hardware. They claim that the audio quality has been improved in comparison. The native plug-ins also let you take advantage of the benefits of working in a DAW, including automation and total recall.
The System 6000 Native Series consists of five plug-ins, each of which represents one algorithm from the hardware processor:
- MD3 Native is based on the MD2 dynamic algorithm from the M5000. It contains a 4-band EQ, 3-band compressor/expander, soft clipping and a redesigned peak/true peak limiter.
- MD4 HD Native is aimed at music production and sound design and consists of a 6-band EQ, 5-band compressor, soft clipping and an optimized true peak limiter.
- NONLIN2 Native is a reverb with an adjustable envelope. TC says that it’s capable of a wide variety of spaces and special effects.
- VSS3 Native is a 3-dimensional reverb. It lets you apply reverb to single elements sharing the same panning position. According to tc electronic, this ensures a transparent and harmonically rich sound.
- VSS 4 HD Native is another reverb designed for music and post production. It operates in true stereo or dual source modes and lets you apply source-related reflections to your program material.
Price and compatibility
The tc electronic System 6000 Native Series plug-ins are available individually or as a bundle. MD3 Native, MD4 HD Native and VSS3 Native are USD 199 each. NONLIN2 Native and VSS4 HD Native are USD 249 each.
The bundle includes all five plug-ins and is now available for USD 699, which is almost 400 dollars less than the sum of the individual prices.
The plug-ins require macOS 10.13 or higher or Windows 7 or higher. They come in VST, VST3, AU and AAX formats. You’ll need an iLok account for activation. Free demo versions are available from the tc electronic website.
- MD3 Native: tc electronic
- MD4 HD Native: tc electronic
- NONLIN2 Native: tc electronic
- VSS3 Native: tc electronic
- VSS4 HD Native: tc electronic