Useful little external tools for adding cool functions like an LPG, distortion, attentuator, mixer and EQ without taking up any room in your rack.
These are great! Nicely styled, great functionality and because they’re passive they are a great introduction to SMT soldering – no danger of blowing yourself up. ST Modular is all about the DIY and provides the PCB and hardware.
There are 6 Workmates available:
- Attenuator – controls level over CV or audio signal.
- EQ – simple one-knob high and low EQ with a mid range control.
- Combiner – 4 into 1 mixer, 1 into 4 mult or an or-wired trigger combiner.
- Swap – 2 in 2 out where the routing is swapped at the tap of a button.
- Clipping Cat – Distortion that blends between hard clipping crossover and softened LED clipping.
- LPG – Vactrol based low pass gate.
They look brilliant and are great additions to the huge range of possibilities that ST Modular offers. They seem to build on them every week.