KRK Systems have announced a new range of nearfield studio monitors. This new version of the V series (not sure what the V stands for – probably doesn’t matter) come in three flavours, the V4, the V6 and the V8, which denotes the woofer size. The retain the look and famous black and yellow livery of all their other monitors so what makes these special?
The focus of these monitors is on critically accurate audio reproduction. KRK have worked with many engineers, producers and mixers to develop them. Hundreds of rooms and monitor placement scenarios have been modeled and analysed to ensure that they can fit into any space or environment with the minimum of adjustment. All three feature custom designed kevlar tweeters and Woven kevlar woofers. As well as an enclosure design with front ported bass reflex and bi-amped class D amplification. There are 49 user selectable EQ settings to ensure the proper setup for the room acoustics as well as taste and personal preference.
Here’s the full feature list:
- KRK custom designed Kevlar tweeter
- KRK custom designed Woven Kevlar woofer
- Optimized front ported bass reflex enclosure design
- Bi-amped Class-D amplification
- Acoustic and desk loading condition correction Low Frequency EQs
- Mid and High Frequency EQs
- Precise input level attenuation switch
- Standby, ground lift, input sensitivity, and logo LED selectors
- Optional protective grille included for mobile broadcast applications
- Friction lock, Neutrik combo (XLR and TRS) connector
- Robust EVA foam pad for non-skid and acoustic isolation
- Universal threaded mounting bracket points
The pricing for the V Series 4, 6 and 8 is $599, $799 and $999 respectively and should be available soon.
For more information head over to the KRK website.