NAMM has become a regular update time for Apple’s Logic Pro X. This time the momentous move from 10.3 to 10.4 brings a new temp detection technology and some nice new plug-ins.
This is designed to bring together all sorts of content under the same tempo regardless of where they started. One cool application is to record something without a click and use that material as the timing source of your whole project. Any other audio files added to the project instantly conform.
In a bumper collection we have:
- ChromaVerb – algorithmic reverb with a colourful and interactive interface.
- Space Designer – convolution reverb
- CamelStep FX – step sequencer based processor
- CamelPhat FX – makes your tracks phatter
- The Vintage EQ – accurate models of Graphic, Tube and Console EQ’s based on classics from the 1950’s to 1970’s.
- Studio Strings and Studio Horns – ensemble instruments
- Mellotron – is now standalone
- Retro Synth – now has 18 different filter modes.
Along with a load of new content, you can now undo mixer and plug-in actions. You can also bookmark locations in the browser.
Apple do like to spoil us so it’s a free update to existing users.
- Apple’s Logic Pro X webpage