Erica Synths are calling it the “world’s smallest modular synthesizer of its functionality”. Although maybe 2HP would have something to say about that. The Pico System takes all the Erica Synths 3HP wide Pico modules and plonks them in a purpose-built Eurorack case. Some serious upgrades have appeared over the original model and so we have Pico System II.
Pico System II
Although it hasn’t really changed that much. They’ve brought in the Pico Voice, a diverse and versatile sound source with 8 different sound algorithms. And the Pico Modulator which replaces the Pico EG and Pico VCA. This leaves one space which they’ve filled with an extra Pico A Mix which gives a bit more control, particularly in live performance.
So, in all you get:
- SEQ – powerful 16 step sequencer with 16 pattern memory
- VCO – 32 custom waves in 2 banks, great 1V/oct tracking and LFO mode
- VOICE – sound source with 8 sound generation algorithms
- VCF1 – Polivoks-inspired LP/BP VCF, ideal for acid-like basslines
- TRIGG – 4 trigger pattern generator that also serves as a master clock for the system. Web-based pattern designer app allows user to upload own patterns
- 2xDRUMS – 64 sample player with 3 adjustable parameters and CV control over them. Web-based app and Pico Programmer (included) allows user to upload his own sound samples
- MULTI – buffered audio/CV/clock signal splitter
- RND – sine/pulse LFO and random events (random trigger, S&H and noise) generator
- MOD – lin/log ASR envelope generator and linear VCA
- 2xA MIX – 3 input audio mixer
- DSP – stereo effects processor with 8 great sounding custom effects
- OUTPUT – stereo output module with headphone amplifier
Also included is an external power supply, the Pico Drum Programmer, a key for the nuts and 20 patch cables.
It’s a phenomenal box of sound in a small form factor that’s completely modular and 100% Eurorack. For an idea of what it’s capable of check out Andrew Huang’s video below.
The price is strangely €1111.11 ex VAT and available now.
- Pico System II webpage