HoRNet Plugins has released a new effect, the DeeLay Plus. It’s a reasonably advanced delay that features two separate lines with feedback and up to 5 seconds of delay time. The lines can be independently routed to the left or right channel, and feedback from one unit can be cross-fed to the other. Visual feedback is provided from the waveform display on top, showing input and output levels.
DeeLay Plus emphasizes modulation and sound manipulation options with low/high-pass filters, a distortion unit, and two LFOs with four waveforms and the ability to modulate both time and feedback parameters for each delay module. This makes for the opportunity to generate moving, evolving sounds with just the delay plug-in alone. Simply set the feedback parameters to maximum, and the delay will literally play itself, coming up with all sorts of sonic mayhem.
To round things off, DeeLay Plus comes with an Analog to Digital converter emulation so that you can go from 24 bits all the way down to 8 bits. This way, HoRNet say, you’ll get a crunchier, lo-fi sound, reminiscent of vintage digital gear.
DeeLay Plus’s complete feature list is as follows:
- Tempo sync with host DAW.
- Routable feedback to each one of the two delay lines.
- Endless loop mode.
- Routable output to left or right for each delay line.
- Delay time and feedback link.
- Input and output graphic display.
- Adjustable hi pass and low pass filter on delay output.
- Adjustable feedback distortion.
- Analog to digital converter emulation.
- Two separate LFO.
- Four wave shape for each LFO (sine, saw, triangle and square).
- Each LFO can modulate both time and feedback for each delay.
- Dry / Wet knob.
- Mac OS X (>=10.6 Intel only) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.
The delay effect is available for 14 EUR from Hornet Plugins.