Erica Synths has streamlined their Fusion II system into the slightly more compact and perhaps more affordable Das Kleine Fusion that’s still packed with tubes and premium possibilities.
Das Kleine Fusion
“The small” Fusion – it’s not that much smaller. They’ve only taken out one module, the Fusion Delay but it’s definitely a chunky one. The case has slimmed down to 84HP from the Fusion II’s 104HP and still looks absolutely gorgeous and foreboding. It brings the price down to €1600 from the 2 grand for the bigger version. That’s really nice especially if you already have other effects and a larger system to run it into.
As a system you have a powerful dual oscillator analog modular synthesizer with the fantastic new Fusion filter and that extraordinary Fusion Modulator all pumping through the VCA and Ring Modulator. Das Kleine Fusion is certainly not small in terms of sounds and possibilities.
In the row you get:
- Two Fusion VCO2s – fully analogue sound source with three simultaneously available waveforms, transistor-based sub-oscillator and detune function. You’ll also find two BBD delay lines and a Tube Crunch.
- Fusion VCF3 – resonant 24dB/oct lowpass filter that combines vacuum tubes and vactrols, providing distinct, soft filtering. It has a very cool CV recorder knob to create and automate your own modulation.
- Fusion Modulator – complex, all analogue CV source that consists of several blocks – two EMS Synthi functionality inspired looping envelope generators with simultaneous unipolar (0V-10V) and bipolar (-5V-+5V), VCA, Noise generator and Sample&Hold.
- Fusion VCA/Waveshaper/Ringmodulator – a modulation source based on two miniature pentodes that operate as VCA, waveshaper and ring modulator. With two CVs applied simultaneously to different stages of the VCA, audio rate modulations, using ring modulator as a waveshaper it becomes surprisingly versatile sound shaping module.
The 84HP case is internally powered and you get 20 patch cables thrown in.
- Erica Synths Das Kleine Fusion: Erica Synths