Erica Synths just announced three new Fusion modules and to celebrate they’ve baked them into a new Fusion System II packed with gooey vacuum tube-based modules for a deeply saturated sound.
Fusion System II
The three new Fusion modules are the Fusion VCF3, Fusion Modulator and the Fusion VCA2/Waveshaper/Ring Modulator. The first two are already available, the VCA2 will be along in June at the same time as the Fusion System II. Just look at it! You won’t find a darker, warmer, more solid and fat row of modular anywhere on the planet.
In the row you get:
- Two Fusion VCO2s – fully analogue sound source with three simultaneously available waveforms, transistor-based sub-oscillator and detune function. You’ll also find two BBD delay lines and a Tube Crunch.
- Fusion VCF3 – resonant 24dB/oct lowpass filter that combines vacuum tubes and vactrols, providing distinct, soft filtering. It has a very cool CV recorder knob to create and automate your own modulation.
- Fusion Modulator – complex, all analogue CV source that consists of several blocks – two EMS Synthi functionality inspired looping envelope generators with simultaneous unipolar (0V-10V) and bipolar (-5V-+5V), VCA, Noise generator and Sample&Hold.
- Fusion VCA/Waveshaper/Ringmodulator – a modulation source based on two miniature pentodes that operate as VCA, waveshaper and ring modulator. With two CVs applied simultaneously to different stages of the VCA, audio rate modulations, using ring modulator as a waveshaper it becomes surprisingly versatile sound shaping module.
- Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble – a distinct multifunctional analogue effects module that combines BBD chip based effects with an adjustable tube overdrive in the delay output and a feedback path for extra thickness of the sound.
- 104HP One Row Skiff case (with or without a lid)
- 20 patch cables
Can you imagine what that’s going to sound like? Oh, here you go:
The Fusion System II will be available on the 5th June and cost €1,950 without the lid or €2,030 with.