The best sample packs this week include a vocal set from Sri Lanka, an ancient instrument crafted from an apricot tree, ambient techno loops, laid back hip-hop samples, and a free library of industrial samples.
W.A. Production Sinhala EDM Vocals
This unique vocal set includes female vocals sung in the Sinhalese language of Sri Lanka. Everything comes in a number of keys, multiple layers, and with no processing (dry). There are 5 construction kits and multiple loops that come in WAV format. Everything is a total of 48 acapella stems (wet and dry) and are all royalty free. As an added bonus there are Sylenth1 and Serum presets. The entire pack retails for $19.90, but for a limited time is available for just $6!
Sonic Zest Apricot Tree Duduk
This sample pack brings the unique sounds of one of the oldest instruments in the world – the Armenian duduk – to your DAW. It has polyphonic and legato modes and brings the same easy-to-use GUI found in most Sonic Zest plug-ins. There are controls over the envelope, gain staging, and even effects like delay, chorus, and reverb. It requires Kontakt 5.8.1 to run but doesn’t take up much space. The instrument has been used in many feature films, and this spot-on sample pack is available to you for just $40.
ModeAudio Visions: Ambient Techno Loops
There is a good variety of feels to this library of techno loops, and some even get pretty heavy. But overall there is a nice, chill vibe that ties it all together. Everything is labeled by key and tempo for easy navigation. In the pack are a total of 270 files that include drum/percussion loops, bass, synth, and ambience loops, and textures and FX. Tempos range from 80-135bpm, and some loops even come in MIDI so you can change them up if you’d like.
Origin Sound After Hours
A perfect sample set for more laid-back hip-hop styles, this set features 808s, drums (loops and one shots), and music loops. The 24-bit WAV files come in tempos ranging from 87-165bpm. It’s a smaller pack but offers useful loops and is currently on sale for half price at $18.95.
Analogue Instruments Industrial Pulses
This sample pack was sourced from a variety of different Kontakt instruments to create a solid free set of sounds. It features chords and arpeggio melodies, rises, drops, drones and drums in a concise library of 112 files. All samples are in 44.1kHz WAVs, and since it’s totally free it’s well worth trying out!
- W.A. Production has released its new “What About” series sample pack Sinhala EDM Vocals, a collection of vocals with authentic ethnicity straight from Sri Lanka.: w.a. production
- Apricot Tree Duduk lets you experience the mysterious sound of the ancient duduk wind instrument, which has been featured in many epic soundtracks, including Avatar, Gladiator and Blood Diamond.: sonic zest
- ModeAudio has launched its latest sample pack Visions Ambient Techno Loops, a collection that blends rich, rustling textures, noise layers and deep Ambient soundbeds with pounding Techno beats, quaking basslines and glitteringly melodic synth riffs.: modeaudio
- Weighty Trap / Hip Hop beats are effortlessly juxtaposed with debonair music loops in ‘After Hours’.: origin sound
- Analogue Instruments has announced the release of the Mini Sample Pack series Industrial Pulses, a free collection of experimental, pulsating electronic sounds that are ideal for creating a futuristic, industrial sonic landscapes.: analogue instruments