With the release of iD44 MKII, British manufacturer Audient is making its 4-input desktop audio interface better without making it bigger. Appropriately, the revision includes updated converters, a new smoke-grey finish (to better match the vape/weed/tobacco smoke in your studio), and more. But the price stays the same (EUR 599).
Audient iD44 MKII audio interface
So, what’s new? For starters, Audient proudly cites a 9dB improvement in ADC headroom. On paper, this means less noise and distortion. Realistically, you’ll need some quite sophisticated equipment and developed hearing to tell a major difference. It’s a welcome upgrade and technical progress, nevertheless.
The iD44 MKII also benefits from the addition of Audio Loop-back. It lets you easily capture audio from applications on your computer together with audio from the interface’s analog and digital inputs. Loopback is becoming a standard feature for any interface meant to sell among content creators, podcasters and streamers. I still remember when routing computer audio was a major freaking hassle and I’m glad it’s being dealt with by manufacturers.
Also new is an upgraded headphone amp with dual quarter-inch and one 3.5mm inputs. This means you can plug in three sets of headphones at once. Finally, the unit’s metal aesthetic is refreshed with a smoke-grey facelift.
- 4 x Class-A Audient Console Mic Preamplifiers with +48V, Pad, and HPF Switches
- 3 x User Defined Function Keys and dedicated Talkback, Dim and Cut Controls
- 2 x ADAT Inputs & Outputs, 1x Word Clock Output for Digital Expansion
- 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs
- 2 x Fully Balanced Inserts
- 1 x Independent Headphone Output
- 1 x Independent Dual Headphone Output
- 24-bit / 96kHz conversion, USB 2.0 connection
- Ultra-low Latency DSP Mixer
Price and availability data
The Audient iD44 MKII will ship in June 2022 and sell for EUR 599 (incl. VAT). You can pre-order it now from our affiliate partner Thomann *:
Audient iD44 MKII
Learn more about the Audient iD 44 MKII
- Audient iD44 MKII front: Audient
- Audient iD44 MKII rear: Audient