The Walrus Audio Canvas Passive Re-Amp allows guitarists and musicians, or sound engineers to record dry and re-amp at any time later via any amp. This handy studio tool can also be used on vocals, bass or synths making it a great piece of kit for anyone into recording.
Canvas Passive Re-Amp
Walrus Audio’s new Canvas Passive Re-Amp does, as the name suggests and allows musicians to re-amp a clean dry guitar signal through an amp and effects at a later date.
The unit contains specially wound custom transformers for the best sound quality and low distortion. Making it perfect for the job at hand. These custom transformers convert line-level signals, optimising them to work with amps and guitar effect pedals.
Allowing users to get creative outside their DAWs and try out new tones with ease.
Users can, for example, connect the Canvas to a DAW via XLR. The recorded audio track then gets sent from the DAW output to the Canvas. This allows the user to send the signal through any effect pedals or guitar amps, etc
Then take that re-amped signal back to the DAW with the added processing or amp tone.
It is a simple-to-use passive box that gives users the correct signal levels and enables musicians to get creative, without any fuss or complex setup times.
The Canvas has an XLR output, plus a pair of 1/4” inputs and outputs and a volume control to adjust the level of the re-amped signal.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz To 20kHz
- THD+N: 0.07% @ 20Hz / +4dBu Input 0.001% @ 1kHz / +4dBu Input
- Maximum Input Level: +21dBu @ 20Hz
- Noise Floor: -116dBu
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 114dB @ 1kHz
- Input: Balanced Line-Level
- Input Impedance: 3k Ohms
- Output: Unbalanced Instrumental-Level
- Output Impedance: 2.5k Ohms
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio:79dB @ 20Hz / +4dBu Input
- Power Requirement : None – Passive
- Audio Circuit: Transformer Isolated
It also has buttons for ground lift, mute, phase and a HPF which makes it suitable for just about any application in the studio. I love tools like this one and am a fan of simplicity, especially when I want to get creative and get on with recording.
The Walrus Audio Canvas Passive Re-Amp could be exactly you need for your own studio setup, especially if you like to experiment with amps, effects and routing.
MSRP – EUR 175 *
* This post contains affiliate links and/or widgets. When you buy a product via our affiliate partner, we receive a small commission that helps support what we do. Don’t worry, you pay the same price. Thanks for your support!
- Walrus Audio Canvas Passive Re-Amp: Walrus Audio
- How to use the Canvas to re-amp: Walrus Audio
- Walrus Audio's latest studio tool: Walrus Audio