Line 6 today finally released the Helix 2.8 firmware update that they have been promising for what feels like forever and you can download it now!
Line 6 Helix 2.8
Yes, it has been forever and a day since Line 6 teased this infamous 2.8 firmware update. It promised everything we guitarists wanted and then it never turned up. Well, that has all changed now and you can finally get your dirty hands on it.
The audience literally cheered at Winter NAMM when they announced the update and today you can have it.
I have honestly got bored of seeing 2.8 firmware memes on guitar forums and social media, but no more do we have to wait.
We now have the new Helix Core engine across all products in the series.If you own any of the Line 6 Helix products today is the day you have been waiting for.
Important Update Information
IMPORTANT! 2.80 is the first firmware to utilise the new Helix Core engine, which unifies all Helix and HX products into the same ecosystem. Because there are tons of changes under the hood, presets created in 2.80 will not be compatible with earlier firmware, which means if you want to return to 2.71 for whatever reason, and you didn’t back up before updating to 2.80, your presets will NO LONGER WORK. Therefore, we _STRONGLY RECOMMEND_ everyone back up everything BEFORE updating.
The New Effects Models in 2.80 are as follows and will work on Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects and HX Stomp
- Distortion > Dhyana Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on the Hermida Zendrive
- Distortion > Heir Apparent (Mono, Stereo), based on the Analogman Prince of Tone
- Distortion > Tone Sovereign (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Analogman King of Tone V4
- Distortion > ZeroAmp Bass DI (Mono, Stereo), based on the Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI V1
- Distortion > Ampeg Scrambler (Mono, Stereo), based on the Ampeg Scrambler Bass Overdrive
- Filter > Asheville Pattrn (Mono, Stereo), based on the Moog Moogerfooger MF-105M MIDI MuRF Filter (with both MuRF and Bass MuRF voicings)
- EQ > Low/High Shelf (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
- EQ > Tilt (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original. Tilt is a subtle 6dB EQ that boosts high frequencies while simultaneously attenuating low frequencies (or vice versa). Great for quickly making tones a bit brighter or darker. The Center Freq parameter sets the frequency around which the boost and cut pivot
Tweed and more
There are also new Tweed amp models, plus DT50/DT25 remote and more in this huge update for Helix. Honestly, stop reading this and go download it now!
So when do we get 2.9 then?