Oversynth has released a bunch of new overlays for the Moog Minitaur and Sirin synthesizers. They include the additional functions that arrived with the version 2.0 firmware.
The Minitaur and Sirin share the same layout, firmware and mode of working and so these overlays can be used on either synthesizer. They are perhaps more dramatic for the Minitaur because they can add a lot of colour to that dark and moody front panel, but the Sirin is plenty colourful enough already.
The additional functions labelled on the overlay include the EG Drone, Panic button, VCO Hard Sync, VCO2 Beat Frequency, modulation source selection and more. The sheets are made from waterproof recyclable polyester sheet with a matte finish to minimise reflections. To install them you’ve got to get the knobs off which isn’t too difficult. Here’s a video showing you how.
There are five designs to choose from:
- Blackphase that looks just like the original Minitaur.
- Whitephase which puts black text on a white background
- Parrot which copies the colour of the Sirin
- Color Map with colour-coded controls based on synthesizer function.
- GRNDMTHR which turns either synth into the colour scheme of the Moog Grandmother.
They are available now for $32.