Boss’s Katana range of modelling amplifiers has been a huge success for the Japanese guitar brand. Katana amps regularly feature in the top-seller lists on retailer websites. It’s successful recipe combines quality tones, a variety of amp choices and effects with an attractive price point. Thomann currently has a great deal on the Boss Katana Artist model, with €100 off. If you were wavering on getting one of thesem this might be the time.
Boss Katana Artist Deal
When it was announced at NAMM 2018, we were positive about the Boss Katana Artist 100-Watt combo. With the MkII version announced recently, Thomann is currently offering the MkI at a sweet price, namely €100 off until stock runs out.
Loaded with a custom Waza 12″ speaker cone, these combos pack in a ton of great features for working musicians. It’s a flexible, reliable amp that can handle lots of scenarios.
Here’s a quick run-down on the features of the Boss Katana Artist:
- Power rating 100-Watt
- Custom 12″ Waza-speaker for the classic British stack tone
- 5 Amp types: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown & Acoustic
- Tube Logic Design / new housing design with a semi-closed back
- 8 Storage locations for amplifier- and effects settings, plus panel settings
- Power control (0.5 / 50 / 100 W), for a fully-turned up amp sound at any volume
- Analog class-AB power amp section for authentic sounds and high dynamics
- Controls: amp type, gain, volume, bass, middle, treble, booster / mod, delay / FX, reverb, presence, master & power
- 6 Switches for tone settings, Cabinet Resonance, Line Out Air Feel
- Setups and up to 58 selectable effects & routings via the BOSS Tone Studio Editor (available free of charge from BOSSTONECENTRAL.com)
- MIDI input
One reason this amp stands out is that you can make it your own by using the BOSS Tone Studio Editor software to add and tweak the effects parameters and sculpt your tones. Another function I really like is the power output control that lets you adjust the output to suit the venue or location, be it home, studio or stage. Neat.
This deal is limited, so stock will run out and once its gone, that’s it! So if you fancy one of these, I wouldn’t hang about too long.
* Affiliate link