Universal Audio launched their first UAFX pedals back in 2021 and have since grown quite a following. It now looks like we could be seeing at least three more new designs soon. Well, if the rumours are to be believed that is.
UAFX Pedals on Instagram
It all started with several short stories on Instagram from Univeral Audio. They shared a few short videos in which you could see guitarist Ariel Posen during the video shoot. The scene was titled UAFX Pedal Session, so we can make and informed decision and guess that new stompboxes are potentially coming.
What are they?
You can’t see a lot from a distance. Strictly speaking, they could even be several copies of the models already released by UA. But the users of the forum TheGearPage see clear evidence of new pedals and have shared their thoughts on the matter.
Three protected brand names
The TGP user EdgeofBreakup reports that UA has had three names in the category “guitar effect pedals” protected in recent months: Dream 65, Woodrow 55 and Ruby 63. So it is quite possible that there could be three new UAFX pedals in the pipeline.
TGP Detective Work
From then on, the lively speculation begins. Valveampguy hopes for Universal Audio’s response to the Strymon Iridium. So maybe an amp-in-a-box?
Then TGP user Coheed then enters the search terms “guitar amp” + the three respective years and comes up with the following assumption:
- 1955 = Fender Tweed (Champ)
- 1963 = Fender Bassman
- 1965 = Fender Deluxe Reverb
What do you think?
The current lineup of UAFX pedals is already highly regarded, so this could be a really interesting release if it is real. Let us know what you think, or if you have found any more evidence to back up these claims on the TGP forum. I’ve already spotted a YouTube video online, so this could all be real?
- What do you think is behind the three secured names Dream 65, Woodrow 55, Ruby 63?
- Could it just be new algorithms for the existing devices in the end?
- What new hardware for guitar or bass would you like from Universal Audio and which functions should definitely be included?
- Universal Audio launches new pedal line UAFX Pedals: Universal Audio
- TGP Forum post: TGP
- UAFX Pedals: Screenshot of the story on Instagram: UA