Free The Tone Tri Avatar Multi-Dimensional Chorus: New for 2016
The TA-1H Tri Avatar from Free The Tone has three chorus sounds and a dry signal. The idea being you can blend the three chorus tones together to add more dimension and depth to the chorused sound. Should be an interesting unit as their previous efforts like the Flight Time Digital Delay have become very popular with many guitarists.
Free The Tone have a knack of mixing digital technologies with analogue signal paths and making it work, unlike a lot of their competition. So this could definitely be one to watch if you are a lover of chorused guitar tones. Their pedals up till now have all had really great, easy to use interfaces and have a nice compact footprint as well, so great for tweaking live and they should be an easy to fit on your pedalboards.
These new Tri Avatar Multi-Dimensional Chorus pedals should be available late January according to the Free The Tone website.
More details can be found here http://www.freethetone.com
• Three independent pitch-modulation signal paths and one dry signal path for mixing in the analog domain.
• Controls: RATE, HI-CUT, DEPTH L/C/R, DRY MIX, LEVEL
• A widening effect characteristic of three-phase choruses is attained by 120˚ shifting of the phase in each signal modulation path.
• Supports both stereo and monaural operation. In monaural operation, all of signals from the three modulation paths are mixed, enabling diverse sound creation.
• Next generation chorus sound with minimum noise has been attained by adopting 24-bit AD/DA converters and with Free The Tone’s original signal processing and algorithms.
• Up to four sets of knob settings can be stored as presets. These four presets can be recalled via MIDI signals.
• RATE or HI-CUT parameters can be controlled in real-time from an expression pedal plugged into the EXP terminal.