Based on an old AC10 that Steve Carr bought in mint condition from a UK collector, these little amps have been built with a lot of care and attention to detail and all are made in the USA. With modern manufacturing standards and classic looks this little amp looks and sounds the part. They feature high quality pine dovetail-joined cabinets for great tone, ranging from a Vox voiced clean channel through to a ’70s Marshall-style dirt channel, and even giving Rectifier levels of gain as well!
It’s been rumoured this model has been in the making since around September this year, when Steve mentioned on various guitar forums (I heard it myself on www.thefretboard.co.uk) that he was working on this new line, and how complex the build was. Now they have finally been released. Should be an interesting one, as Steve Carr is known for making some great amps and this looks like no exception.
You can check details here http://carramps.com
• 18 Watts full output
• OD Channel Low/High Gain switch – 70s Swamp to ultra 80s overdrive
• Clean Channel Normal/Bright switch – Warm AC to Top Boost Jangle
• Foot-switchable channels and OD Hi/Low
• Built-in switchable attenuator 18/6 watts
• Celestion Creamback M-65 12” speaker
• All tube Reverb in each channel
• All NC yellow pine cabinet