Having cancelled its annual Experience event due to the Covid-19 pandemic, PRS has now planned a virtual Experience that will premier live on PRS Guitars’ YouTube channel on Saturday, 9 May. PRS says it’s arranged in three segments to let more people join the event marking the company’s 35th anniversary.
PRS Guitars Virtual Experience PRS 2020 Event
PRS staff were obviously gutted at having to cancel their Experience PRS event this year, especially given that 2020 is the company’s 35th anniversary. The event draws people from all over the world, and this year was going to be a special occasion for many fans of the brand.
Unbowed, the team at PRS has pulled together to host a virtual online event this weekend on the official PRS YouTube channel. For PRS cunstomers and fans, the event should provide some great content. Sure, it isn’t as fun as meeting the team for real and experiencing the products in the real world, but at least you get you’ll get to see and hear some unique content online instead.
Here is the official schedule for all the planned shows. Make sure you set your alarm for any you are interested in.
Session One Clinics, Premiering at 1:30pm EST
The first session features four clinics
- Sophie Burrell: Legato Lick Lesson
- Simon McBride: Playing the ‘Right’ Solo for the Song
- AJ Ghent: Exploring Slide Techniques
- Emil Werstler: Finding and Defining Your Musical Voice
Session Two Clinics, Premiering at 2:30pm EST
The second session features five clinics
- David Grissom: Tone Tips
- Mark Lettieri: Adapting Your Chord Voicings
- Tyler Larson: The Top Five Things I’ve Learned From Interviewing Other Musicians
- Davy Knowles: Opening Up The Fretboard For The Visual Guitarist
- Tim Pierce & Bryan Ewald: How to Approach Recording Guitars For Others
A Special Video from Paul Reed Smith, Premiering at 4:00pm EST
There will also be a closing event for Experience PRS 2020 featuring a special star-studded video with Paul Reed Smith and several PRS artists and friends. One to look out for.