Madrid-based manufacturer Tierra Audio is crowdfunding a fun new project: 7 types of in-line microphone signal boosters with different sound characters. The IndieGoGo campaign has already reached its target and early bird prices are available until January 31.
Tierra Audio Flavours mic boosters
Mic boosters can be literal session savers. Not all preamps have enough gain on tap to properly record some dynamic and ribbon microphones. Others do, but get noisy when pushed into high gain. Mic boosters like the popular Cloudlifter solve the problem by providing a clean gain boost between the microphone and preamp.
Tierra Audio’s take on the concept lets the familiar mic booster serve double duty as an analog color box. The 7 available flavors are Truffle, Cocoa, Mint, Chilli, Vanilla, Pepper and Salt:
- Truffle – 32dB gain boost with germanium diode harmonic saturation.
- Cocoa – 45dB gain boost, mid-focused EQ curve and analogue de-essing.
- Mint – 33dB gain boost with bright EQ curve and soft even-harmonic distortion.
- Chilli – 51dB gain boost with crisp harmonic distortion.
- Vanilla – 28dB gain boost, mid-range hump and harmonic distortion with slow transient response.
- Pepper – 33dB gain boost with soft distortion applied to high signal peaks.
- Salt – 39dB gain boost, no coloration.
Price and availability
The IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign has already reached its target and early bird prices are available until January 31. The early bird price for a single flavour is EUR 119. All 7 flavours come at EUR 833.