The new free Riff Maestro software from IK Multimedia analyses the track, breaks down the chords for you and displays them as easy-to-follow chord boxes. You can set up loop points to work on various sections at a time. Plus you can also play with tempo without affecting the pitch and transpose parts on the fly. So you can slow tracks down to make it easier to work out faster, more complex parts of songs.
Nice idea! Hopefully it will help players break down and learn new music. There are apparently in-app purchases, so that you expand upon the application’s features. Of course you can also use it with the IK Mulitimedia Amplitude app.
The user interface looks really nice; it’s clean and simple, and I like the fact that it has launched on both iOS and Android platforms at the same time. Previous software from IK has not always done this in the past. You can download your copy for free now and go give it a trial yourselves. It’s available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store now.
• Learn the riffs, leads, chord progressions and more of any song in your music library
• Easy-to-use intuitive waveform display
• Touch-and-drag looping
• Standard tempo adjust feature for flexible learning
• Metronome with beat detection (available via in-app purchase)
• Automatic chord detection (available via in-app purchase)
• High-definition Transpose/Tempo (available via in-app purchase)
• Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android
More details on the IK Multimedia site here