Cubase 10 is imminent: Steinberg prepare for a milestone update
I happened to pop over to Steinberg.net to check for an update for Cubase when I discovered the whole site is down for maintenance and a big notice saying “Stay Tuned! We’re preparing the Cubase 10 launch and will be back soon.”
That’s very exciting, but what am I going to do about the update I need?
There are no details at present and they seemed to have kept it pretty quiet so far. Scanning around the internet I found this Instagram:
Over on the Gearslutz forum someone managed to pinch a few details from a page from an online shop for the educational version:
- VariAudio 3: Complete control over your music with even more tools
- 5GB of high-quality sounds and loops from renowned producers
- 64-bit audio engine up to 192 kHz
- System requirements (Mac): macOS 10.12 / 10.13, at least 4 GB RAM, 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 and above)
- System requirements (Windows): 64-bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10, at least 4 GB RAM, 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 and above)
- Intelligent Chord Track, Chord Pads, Chord Assistant
- Support for high-resolution display
- 8 tools with over 3,000 sounds including: HALion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop, Retrologue 2 and LoopMash 2
- More than 90 high-end audio and MIDI VST effects processors
But that’s mostly about content and specs which are not the most groundbreaking things in the world. But VariAudio 3 and the Intelligent Chord system sounds interesting. Maybe along the lines of what PreSonus did with Studio One 4.
Other details posted in the thread by Sonik31 include:
- New Audio alignment tool, easily sync your backing vocals
- New Mixer snapshots, create alternate mixes and compare them instantly
- New Destroyer plugin, brand new non-linear distortion plugin, very thought after by producers
- New redesigned console Channel strip, with better visual feedback, control and functionality
- New Vintage Verbs for Reverence, new collection of vintage reverb impulses
All of this is so much rumour until the official announcement which we are expecting any time. Personally, I’m hoping for step sequencing, randomisation and probability and LFOs for everything.
In the meantime here’s a video of professional people talking about their love of Cubase at what appears to be an invite-only Cubase 10 launch party.
- Steinberg webpage
I want purchases this software