The new Harley Benton Fusion-T range has some seriously high-spec models given that they only cost EUR 398. Due to ship in a few weeks, this Telecaster-shaped model comes in several variations, including three different finishes and two bridge variants. Exactly how much boutique vibe can Thomann’s Harley Benton brand squeeze into a guitar at this price point?
Like the previous Fusion II series, the Fusion-T recipe is to build a budget instrument with some high-end hardware and specifications. The difference here is the shape. While the Fusion II had two cutaways, the Fusion-T is based on a Telecaster-inspired design.
The star of the show is perhaps the Harley Benton Fusion-T HH Roasted FNT, which manages to pack a lot of premium features in at a low price point – and look great at the same time.
This guitar comes with a roasted Canadian flame maple neck and an attractive flame maple veneer on its Sapele contoured body. It’s loaded with twin humbuckers, a Roswell LAF-B-CR alnico-5 in the bridge position and a Roswell LAF-N-CR alnico-5 at the neck. You also get a 22 medium jumbo stainless steel frets, a Graptech TUSQ XL nut and a Wilkinson 50IIK two point trem system, paired with a set of staggered WSC locking tuners.
The other variants have solid-colour bodies in Black or Ocean Turquoise, with an ebony fretboard. Each of these two is available with the Wilinson tremolo or with a hardtail bridge.
All this makes for a lot of guitar for the money and one that combines classic vintage styling with modern appointments. I for one will be watching carefully for reports from new owners of this model when it gets a release in the next month or so.
- Roswell LAF-B-CR and LAF-N-CR alnico-5 humbuckers
- 22 medium jumbo stainless steel frets
- Roasted Canadian flame maple neck
- Wilkinson 50IIK two point trem system
- Staggered WSC locking tuners
- Graptech TUSQ XL nut
Head over to the Thomann page from the link below to read the full specifications of the new Harley Benton Fusion-T range, and make sure you check out the HH Roasted FNT model. Looks like a lot of guitar for the money, this one.
RRP – EUR 398
- Harley Benton Fusion-T HH Roasted FNT with Wilkinson trem: Thomann
- Harley Benton Fusion-T HH Roasted FNT roasted maple neck and locking tuners: Thomann
- Harley Benton Fusion-T HH Roasted FNT with Twin Roswell Alnico 5 humbuckers: Thomann
- Harley Benton Fusion-T HH HT EB OCT: Thomann
- Harley Benton Fusion-T HH EB BK, here fitted with a Wilkonson trem: Harley Benton