This new Boss 3.2 update brings a host of new features for its GT-1000 and GT-1000Core multi-effects pedals. These include 11 mastering FX algorithms and five delay patches.
GT-1000 Update: Version 3.2
The Boss GT-1000 Version 3.2 update adds a lot of useful features, including five new delays based on the company’s SDE-3000, DD-20 Standard and DD-20 Analog, plus Warm and Glitch from the DD-8. Then you have eleven Mastering FX to help shape your overall tone.
Official Boss 3.2 Update List
- Mastering FX—Eleven different Mastering FX allow you to shape the overall sound at the line output for different styles and playing situations.
- New Master Delay Types—Five delay algorithms from the historic BOSS/Roland library have been added: SDE-3000, DD-20 Standard and DD-20 Analog, and Warm and Glitch from the DD-8.
- More Onboard Speaker IRs for Recording—The speaker IR selection in Recording mode has been greatly expanded with the ability to use “Original” speaker types from different amplifiers.
- More Mic Types—A new RBN121 mic type and three mic blend types have been added to the Speaker Simulator block.
- EV-1-WL Support—Use the EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal for cable-free effects control via Bluetooth.
New IRs and Microphones
I like that it also has new “Original” Impulse Responses for many of the built-in amplifiers, plus the RBN121 mic type and the addition of three mic blend types. All this makes for a more flexible setup when you are building custom amps and tones.
Finally, you now get EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal control via Bluetooth, perfect for busy stages when you want to avoid cables. Overall, this sounds like another nice free update, as we have already seen Headrush update its firmware today as well. Looks like 2022 is bringing some nice freebies to the owners of these floor pedal systems, and that can only be a good thing.
Boss EV-1-WL Wireless Expr. Pedal
More Boss Information
- Boss GT-1000 CORE: Boss
- Boss GT-1000 front panel: Boss