Behringer’s big reveal brings us what we had expected after all the teases – it’s a mixer! A good looking mixer, deliciously thin, jauntily angled, glowing like a space ship and packed with features. This is WING.
Currently, the information is coming from the MusicTribe community pages in a single video. Full specs will undoubtedly become available on their website soon. Update: The video is now on YouTube – see below.
But here’s what we can get from the video:
- It has a customisable wrist rest! Probably the most important feature for all the style and carpel-tunnel conscious producers out there.
- 8 Midas PRO mix preamps and Midas PRO outputs onboard.
- 24 motorized 100mm faders in 3 groups of 8.
- I/O connectivity of up to 144 input and output signals over AES50 with Kark Teknik SuperMAC technology.
- Capacitive touch screen with swivel.
- Touch-sensitive channel editing with 11 rotary controls.
- 64 x 64 channels audio over optional Ethernet with SoundGrid or Dante.
- 48 x 48 USB 2.0 audio interface with HUI and Mackie Control.
- Dual SD card live recorder/player with up to 64 tracks.
- 4-channel control section
- 8 true-stereo premium effect processors with TC, Lexicon, Quantex and EMT emulations.
- 8 true-stereo standard effect processors with not-quite-so-good effects.
- 5 variable plug-in processing slots for all 40 stereo input channels.
- Insert FX slot and 4-band EQ for 8 aux channels.
- Customisable 16 buttons and 4 rotary controls.
- 4 main, 8 matrix and 16 aux stereo buses with dual inserts, 8-band EQ, stereo imager and dynamics/
- Card slots for further expansion.
- StageCONNECT 32-channel low latency interface for personal monitoring.
It’s a monster machine with acres of interconnectivity between multiple formats and systems. It’s like they’ve taken their X32 and M32 mixers and pushed them into the future. It looks truly fabulous and I hope the workflow matches up to the potential.
Availability is slated for December and you can preorder here for €2999.
- Head over to the MusicTribe Community pages.