It is 35 years since the introduction of the E-mu System “SP” sampling system. To celebrate Dave Rossum (E-mu founder) and Rossum Electro-Music are renovating an extremely limited number of original SP-1200 and making them available for sale.
- A new 3.5″ disk drive and SD card floppy emulator integrated into the original SP-1200 software by Dave Rossum
- Manual filter cutoff frequency control sliders for the SSM 2044 analog filters for channels 1 and 2 added to the rear panel
- A new metal chassis
- A new panel overlay
- The top shell restored and painted “SP Grey.”
- A new power supply with locking connector (and cool operation)
- A new LCD display with adjustable brightness and a selectable red, blue, or green color LED backlight
- All new play buttons
- All new programming buttons
- All new 1/4” and MIDI jacks
- All electrolytic and tantalum capacitors replaced with high-reliability ceramic or aluminum-poly caps
- All rotary potentiometers replaced with million cycle lifetime pots and installed with new knurled black metal knobs
- All slide potentiometers replaced with 200,000 cycle lifetime sliders and installed with new slider knobs
- All original trimmers replaced with 20-turn versions and precisely calibrated
- New rubber feet
- An individualized Dave Rossum signature plaque
- A dust-proof, crush-proof, lockable Pelican™ brand case with press-and pull latches, wheels, and an extendable handle.
- Full testing and calibration by Rossum Electro-Music
They are going to be available direct from Rossum Electro-Music for the sum of $7,500.